Sunday, December 7, 2008

My favorite Dress? Again?

One of my all-time favorite vintage dresses is a faux bois knit wool sheath from the 60s that I got at the Salvation Army thrift store about five years ago. 

Imagine my surprise when it showed up again the other day, in the exact same store.
  
Do I need another?
 Of course not.
 
So do I sell it? 
Of course not!

Why on God's good earth would I put an identical dress to my own out into circulation ---and thus invite the risk having someone else wear it on the same day I wear mine?

 Oh the horror! The humiliation!

I'm most certainly keeping them both!


5 comments:

webmaster@BigGayApple.com said...

What size is it?

We'll wear them out together!

heehee

Five and Diamond said...

The new one is a size larger than the old one, but you'd still stretch it out, Trix. Sorry.

us said...

I completely relate to this. Keep them both of course! Faux bois dress? Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Lucy and Ethel will stop by, on different afternoons and unbeknownst to one another, and want a dress for a special occasion.

Anonymous said...

Oh!! It's interesting!! This dress is looking great on you!! Keep them both!!